5.05.2010

I am so excited! I just got us tickets to see Dean & Britta (of Luna/Galaxie 500) and Spectrum (a.k.a. Pete Kember a.k.a. Sonic Boom of Spaceman 3!!!). We hold D&B and Spaceman 3 in very high regard in this household, and we've been wanting to see Sonic Boom play ever since we missed him play at the Deitch Gallery in 2005.
To top it off, they will be both be supported by The Joshua Light Show, the original rock projectionist (he did the projections at the original Filmore East & at the party scene in Midnight Cowboy).This is like a triple threat for us on some many different levels. I am such a 60's music freak. I love almost anything from those gloried rock 'n roll days. We long for a life a little like D&B - can you say scoring Andy Warhol films? And Grant only wished he lived in a world of knobs & wires & sequencers like Sonic's...

Speaking of, here's an interview we did with Dean when his book, "Black Postcards: A Rock & Roll Romance," came out. I have some great footage from an extended interview with both Dean & Britta that I've been meaning to put together forevah. Just add it to my list...

No comments: