9.12.2012

i'm so excited for next week! two crafts that i've been wanting to learn have suddenly come into my world! first, beatrice valenzuela posted the following pics on her instagram of a mini loom by linnaea saunders. inspired, i ordered one! i have never weaved (woven?) before but have always wanted to, and this mini loom seems so accessible.
second, i found out the jeweler down the road is offering her lost wax casting classes in the next few weeks! learning how to cast my own pieces has been on my list for a long time now, so i'm way pumped about this! x

4 comments:

Belinda said...

You are going to LOVE weaving. I can see you making absolute masterpieces with your eye for colour.

And the lost wax casting - how exciting! I can't wait to see what you make with both the casting and the weaving.

Various Projects said...

thx, belinda. i'm super pumped about both. i think the weaving will be a nice meditative outlet. :) x

One Little Star said...

Yay for wax carving! It is my most favorite. I hope you will enjoy it and make cool things.

Claire Nereim said...

Ah! Weaving is so much fun. Can't wait to see what you do with it :)